September 19-20, 2016
Save the Date!
Hueston Woods Lodge & Conference Center, 5201 Lodge Rd, College Corner, OH 45003more info >
October 12-14, 2016
Crowne Plaza Dublin, 600 Metro Pl N, Dublin, Ohiomore info >
October 12-14, 2016
Completely FREE for Ohio Educators!
Crowne Plaza Dublin
600 Metro Pl N
Dublin, Ohio 43017
Science Education is Critical for the Future of Ohio’s Youth!
The Ohio Chemistry Technology Council’s Teachers, Industry and Environment (TIE) Conference is an exciting "hands on" experience for Ohio’s 3rd through 8th grade science educators and is completely free through the support from the chemical manufacturing industry. The TIE Conference provides educators with a wide-range of science experiments and classroom tools that create interesting and entertaining lessons for students.
- The TIE Conference is aligned with state science teaching standards for STEM curriculums.
- Participating educators have the opportunity to visit a working facility that produces sophisticated chemicals for the health care and personal products industries.
- The TIE Conference materials provide educators with an abundance of information on the resources available to them, most at no cost.
- Hands-on demonstrations and experiments provide educators with interesting and exciting tools that are easily adaptable to the classroom.
- The TIE Conference provides networking opportunities for educators to share experiences and ideas with other educators.
- Educators have direct interaction with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and representatives from the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Graduate credits from Ashland University available (optional for all participants).
WANT TO ATTEND THE 24TH ANNUAL TIE CONFERENCE?
Click below to watch the highlight video from the 22nd Annual TIE Conference:
FOR MEMBERS/PARTNERS SEEKING SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
What past TIE participating teachers have said about the program:
"...easy to read, understand, and implement science experiment resources for teachers on tight budgets. "
"...by fair one of the best 'take it back and use it, and share it too' workshops I have ever attended."