None at this time.
21st Annual Teachers, Industry,
and Environment Conference
October 9-11, 2013
Crowne Plaza Hotel - Dublin, OH
Science Education Is Critical for Our Childrens' Futures
This exciting "hands on" conference provides 3rd-8th grade teachers in Ohio with a wealth of science experiments and classroom tools that can help make for interesting and entertaining lessons for students.
- Agenda is aligned with state science teaching standards
- Teachers have the opportunity to visit a working facility producing sophisticated chemistries for the health care and personal products industries
- Conference materials provide teachers a wealth of information on resources available to them--most at no cost
- Hands-on demonstrations and experiments provide teachers with interesting, exciting toosl easily adaptable to the classroom
- Plenty of breaks and social functions provide teachers opportunities to share experiences and ideas with one another
- Graduate credits from Ashland University available (optional for all participants)
What past TIE participating teachers have said about the program:
" . . . one of the best conferences I've ever attended. I appreciated our dialgoue with environmentalists, as well as representatives from industry and education, about how to get kids interested in science . . ."
" . . . easy to read, understand, and implement science experiment resources for teachers on tight budgets. "
" . . . by fair one of the best 'take it back and use it, and share it too' workshops I have ever attended."
IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE PART OF THE "TIE" EXPERIENCE,
HERE'S THE BASIC INFORMATION YOU NEED
Information for Teachers:
If you'd like more information on the 2013 Teachers, Industry, Environment Conference (TIE) please follow these links:
On-Line Application for Teachers:
If you wish to attend the 2013 TIE Conference, please follow this link to a simple electronic registration form:
For OCTC Member Companies Sponsoring Teachers:
If you wish to sponsor one or more teachers at the 2013 TIE Conference, please use this link to an electronic confirmation form: