The Ohio Chemistry Technology Council’s Teachers, Industry and Environment (TIE) Conference is an exciting "hands on" experience for Ohio’s 3rd through 8th grade science educators. The event is completely free to attendees through the generous support from the chemical manufacturing industry. The TIE Conference provides educators with a wide-range of science experiments and classroom tools that create interesting and entertaining lessons for students.
Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.
What to Expect at the TIE Conference
Teachers who attend the TIE Conference can expect:
- Hands-on demonstrations and experiments that are easily adaptable to the classroom.
- Curriculum that is aligned with state science teaching standards.
- Free materials and resources for their classroom.
- Direct interaction with the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and OCTC member companies.
- Networking opportunities for educators to share experiences and ideas with other educators.
- Graduate credit from Ashland University.
- Tour of a working chemical facility that produces sophisticated products and materials for the health care, agriculture, food, and personal care industries.
What Teachers Have Said About TIE
"...one of the best conferences I've ever attended. I appreciated our dialgoue with environmentalists, as well as representatives from industry and education, about how to get kids interested in science..."
"...easy to read, understand, and implement science experiment resources for teachers on tight budgets. "
"...by far one of the best 'take it back and use it, and share it too' workshops I have ever attended."